Sunday, January 3, 2021

My Most Memorable Reads of 2020


 Good morning readers!  Happy New Year!  I hope 2021 brings you all the wonderful books from your favorite authors!  

Here is a recap of my favorites from 2020.  It's always hard to choose and I would love to recognize all the wonderful stories I had the opportunity to read this past year, but that would take too long!  So here are my most memorable reads -- not all are 5 star but they all left a mark on me. These are the books I finished and then turned around and read again.

 So here goes!  The review contains the buy links for the title.

 Sure Shot by Sarina Bowen

I loved this second chance love story and especially how it deals with the subject of infertility. It's a fabulous love story and it captures the ache of wanting a child in a sensitive and yet realistic manner.  I continue to love this author's writing -- her books just always hit the mark for me.

 Read my review

Waiting on the Rain by Claudia Connor

This love story is a great addition to the McKinney / Walker stories from Claudia Connor. With Luke's post-military struggles and Ava's reluctance to put herself in a relationship as the centerpiece, there were other gems in this story such as Ava's world view and Hannah's growing business. This one left me feeling good.

Read my review  

Not What I Expected by Jewel E. Ann

This story hit home in so many places!  Jewel E. Ann has an uncanny ability to get to the heart of things in her own special way and this story is insightful, sexy and not your traditional HEA.  Absolutely loved it and still find myself thinking about it weeks after.  If I had to pick just one..... :-)

Read my review  

The Reality of Everything by Rebecca Yarros

I have been in love with this series from the day I reviewed Full Measures. The Reality of Everything continues the tradition with another story of love and the strong bonds of friendship forged during military service.

Read my review

What You Wish For by Katherine Center

A story that examines how one finds joy in life and how the events in our lives can make big impacts on our future behavior. I loved this quiet women's fiction story with a touch of love story with it's unlikable hero. 

Read my review 

Code Name: Hacker by Sawyer Bennett

I'm always up for a good hacker story,especially one about a female hacker! But this was really a love story that grabbed me from the start and didn't let go until the final pages, with all the emotions jumping off the page.  Great characters, great action, great tension!

Read my review

The Priest by Tiffany Reisz

I love visiting with these characters and The Priest delivers a tight mystery in New Orleans, the new home base of our favorite kinksters.  Loved this one!

Read my review  

Above all Else by Dana Alison Levy

This YA story does a fabulous job examining the sacrifices made by goal oriented teens in this climbing Mount Everest tale. Read this one with your teen!

Read my review

The Orphan of Cemetery Hill by Hester Fox

Loved this supernatural tale of a young woman who can speak with the dead in this historical tale set in 1844 Boston.  Great tension and a bit of a love story.

Read my review

The Dazzling Truth (read as The Truth Must Dazzle) by Helen Cullen

 One of the most soulful books I have read in a long time, be sure to have a few tissues on hand for Maeve and Murtagh's story of love and the impact of mental illness on this captivating family. This book definitely left a mark on me.

Read my review 

Blacklisted by Jay Crownover

Romance readers! There's a new book boyfriend in town and his name is Shot Caldwell! That's all I'm gonna say!  I do love Jay Crownover's romantic suspense stories and this one is terrific!

Read my review

Sunrise on Half Moon Bay by Robyn Carr

Loved this women's fiction tale of starting over, set in one of my most favorite locations in the San Francisco Bay area.  

Read my review


Well there you have it readers! Have a great 2021! Gotta run... The Forever Girl from Jill Shalvis is waiting on my ereader!





No comments:

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...