Sunday, January 31, 2021

Release Day Review: Don't Kiss the Bride by Carian Cole

 



Don’t Kiss the Bride by Carian Cole
is now live!



I guess you could say I was a damsel in distress, and he was my knight in shining armor.

But more accurately, I was a girl with a lot of bad luck, and he was a guy with a lot of muscles and tattoos.

Jude “Lucky” Lucketti wasn’t just a sexy, brooding construction worker. He was my own personal hero who seemed to be in all the right places at the right times. Like when my car broke down and I needed a ride home, and when I face planted on the sidewalk right in front of him and had to be taken to the emergency room.

Those weren’t exactly my best moments, but they were his.

We became friends, and it didn’t matter that he was sixteen years older than me. We had a lot in common—like our love of old rock music and vintage fast cars, and our aversion to relationships.

When he approached me with a crazy idea to help me out, I couldn’t say no.

The arrangement was supposed to be temporary. A marriage on paper and nothing else.

It should’ve been easy, but it wasn’t.

Because here I am, eighteen years-old, still in high school, and married to a man I was never supposed to fall in love with.

We had just one rule—no kissing the bride.

But we broke that rule, and it sealed our fate forever.



Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!

Add to Goodreads

What I thought about Don't Kiss the Bride

Things get very angsty in this age-gap romance from Carian Cole.  

Eighteen year-old Skylar is down on her luck when she meets Jude (aka Lucky) in the high school parking lot.  He helps her out of a jam and in the process ends up spending time with Sparkles as he calls her.  

When things get even more seriously wrong, Jude offers to marry Skylar to help her until she can get on her feet.  It's a marriage of convenience that puts them both in close proximity with the one rule being no kissing. There's plenty of affection between them that serves as a spark to much more as the relationship progresses. Not everyone thinks them being together is a good idea and they aren't afraid to say anything about it.

This was an easy to read, tear-inducing romance that has plenty of slow-burn yearning if that is what you are looking for.  Jude is good-hearted, easy to like and concerned about the age difference between them, but just can't stay away. Skylar does work with Jude in spite of their ages and I did like the way their relationship built from a friendship. They both have a lot of baggage but they do help carry it all together and that's what makes them work.
 
 

Meet Carian


Carian Cole has a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles, and of course, the sweet girls who try to tame them and win their hearts.

Born and raised a Jersey girl, Carian now resides in beautiful New Hampshire with her husband and their multitude of furry pets. She spends most of her time writing, reading, and vacuuming.

Connect with Carian
Facebook Group | https://bit.ly/3oB3iu3

Newsletter | https://bit.ly/31RqqLj

Text COLE to 31996

No comments:

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...