Friday, May 29, 2020

Release Day Review: My Ex's Baby (Crescent Cove #8) by Taryn Quinn


Okay, so he wasn’t actually my ex.

August is my best friend’s older brother, and he just went with me to Macy and Gideon’s wedding. You know, friends with no benefits.

Then we ended up having sex at said wedding.

At the reception, not during the actual ceremony. Hello, I have some manners.

We agreed to not do it again. Until I thought I was pregnant. And instead of being upset, I was happy.

Except I wasn’t. Pregnant, that is.

Then I drunk dialed August and asked him to make a baby with me.

On purpose.

I wanted to take it back. To die of shame.

But the next thing I knew, he was at my door...

Author’s note: The hero doesn't start out as a single father, but practice makes perfect. My Ex’s Baby is a standalone romantic comedy with a HEA ending and no cliffhanger.


Buy Links



What I thought about My Ex's Baby

The water in Crescent Cove strikes again.  August and Kinleigh have been dancing around each other for the last few books in this series, and it's about time they got their HEA.

Kinleigh wants August, but the fact his sister is her best friend stops her from giving into what she feels.  But August is feeling it too, and one fateful night they both give in to their feelings. Even though things are very steamy between them, Kinleigh still wants to protect her friendship with Ivy and so she pushes August away. A pregnancy scare is all it takes for Kinleigh and August to figure out what they want.

I really loved both of these characters. Kinleigh is cute and quirky, with a good bit of hippie-dippie that warmed my heart.  Her reasons for keeping August at arm's length are basic.  And August is just wonderful in that he never gives up the pursuit, even when it might have been the best things to do.  It's the way he treats Kinleigh that had me falling for him. 

It was great to see previous characters in the series too and the story works as a standalone.  This is a very sweet series that is a must if you are looking for a romance revolving around babies, unexpected and otherwise.  It's easy to read and light on the drama.  It's all about the love!

Really like this story and this series.

An ARC was provided. This is my honest review.

  

No comments:

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...