Monday, February 10, 2014

5 Stars for Marked by Kit Rocha, Lauren Dane and Vivian Arend



Marked contains three stories from Kit Rocha, Lauren Dane and Vivian Arend. I've a huge Kit Rocha fan, but until now I hadn't read anything from Lauren Dane or Vivian Arend.  I'm happy to say that I loved all three stories in this anthology, and I have two more authors to put on my release watch list.  Here's what I thought about each of the stories in Marked.


Beyond Temptation


Ok, give me a story about a geek and an artist, and I’m a goner. Add in the sexy world of Sector Four, and I knew that I’d inhale Beyond Temptation.

I love how Kit Rocha gradually reveals the characters in this world, giving us a tease before revealing their story. We met Emma and Noah in Beyond Pain, and now we get their story.

Noah gets his glimpse of an all grow’ed up Emma when he catches her on stage performance at the Broken Circle. It’s clear from the getgo that these two want each other and maybe more than that, but Noah carries a secret that he is convinced will turn Emma away.

And that might just be true, since both Dallas and Lex want him to keep that secret from Emma too.

There’s a lot of heat between these two, a scorchin hot fight night scene, and its obvious neither want to part, but when Emma finds out the truth, both Noah and Emma are forced to take some actions. I know, vague, but really go read. Kit Rocha does an awesome job of revealing the secret to the reader at the same time Emma hears. Noah’s attempt to fix things its a perfect setup for future stories.

I have to say that Emma was my fav in this story though. She handled the revelation of the secret thoughtfully, and made sure that Noah understood what really mattered to her. And there’s an awesome scene between Emma and Ace about tattoos, that just jumped off the pages for me, as does any scene that has Ace in it.

Fans of this series should not miss this story.

Rocky Ride by Vivian Arend


This was my first Vivian Arend story and I know I want more! I really liked this story. It was sweet, yet a bit edgy, and it had lots of good stuff about evaluating people based on what they look like, rather than what they do.

Anna is a cop, held to high standards of behavior. Mitch is a biker, working in his family garage. And omg, he has tattoos so he must be a criminal, right? (sarcasm) Two different worlds, really. But they have lots of heat together and when they take their relationship public, well, not everyone is happy about it. And then Mitch decides something for both of them, and they both may lose the chance at happiness that’ right there in front of them.

I just really loved both Mitch and Anna. I loved that the story really put some light on judging people by looks alone. Not to mention that these two had lots of heat in the bedroom and other places.

Rocky Ride was a lot of fun and I look forward to reading more from this author.

All That Remains by Lauren Dane


Another first time with this author, and I truly enjoyed this story. In a future society, triads are normal as after a virus has wiped out a good portion of the population. Summer runs into Charlie one night, and she’s immediately attracted to him. Only later does she find out that Charlie’s partner is the guy that left her four years ago.

There’s a lot of heat between these three, but there are also a whole slew of trust issues between Summer and Hatch. All that Remains is a very nice treatment of the dynamic between the three in the triad, and how they work toward resolving the trust issues.

I really liked this story, mostly because it was about the relationship between not only Summer and the two men, but about Charlie and Hatch’s relationship as well. Very nicely done. I also hope that Dulce, Summer’s sister, gets some happiness in her life someday. Even though she doesn’t have a huge part in this story, I was touched by how she helped her sister when she needed it, even though it was difficult for her.

Yeah, that’s cryptic, but go read the story!




Anthologies are always a crap-shoot for me. Sometimes I end up only reading one story, but with Marked, I read them all and really enjoyed them all.

Hot and sweet. Loved them all. Absolutely recommended.

No comments:

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...