Monday, May 29, 2023

5 Stars for Good as Gold by Sarina Bowen

 


RELEASE DATE: May 29th / June 1st, 2023

A swoony, heart-wrenching small-town romance from USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller Sarina Bowen!

Leila:

What I meant to do: quietly divorce my lout of a husband and then have a child all on my own.

What happens instead: my crush comes back to town when I’m at my most vulnerable. After too many cocktails, I ask him to be my baby’s father.

In my defense, it’s been a rough couple of months. Seeing Matteo Rossi again after fourteen years has done a number on my emotions. And my libido.

In the morning, I’m hoping he’s forgotten the whole thing. But no such luck. In fact, Matteo has a few clarifying questions. And a few naughty ideas, too…

Matteo:
What I meant to do: visit Vermont for my brother’s wedding. Make amends to my family, and mourn the loss of a friend.

What happens instead: a hot affair with the one who got away. But it can’t last. My life is two thousand miles away, and Leila deserves everything. She’s as good as gold.



 Amazon:
https://geni.us/Good-as-Gold-Amazon

Apple Books:
https://geni.us/Good-as-Gold-Apple

Kobo:
https://geni.us/Good-as-Gold-Kobo

Nook:
 https://geni.us/Good-as-Gold-Nook

Audio:
https://geni.us/GoodasGold-Audbl

ADD TO GOODREADS:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/130187226-good-as-gold

  

What I thought about Good as Gold

I must start out by saying that I was ecstatic to find out there would be a book involving another of the Rossi siblings. Sarina Bowen has created such an amazing world with the Rossi's and the Shipley's that I always want to return there.

And yowza, look at that cover!

Matteo Rossi hasn't been home in many years, choosing to live his life in Colorado, away from the family in Vermont. But when a tragedy has him unsettled, he decides to return home for Alec and May's wedding. I absolutely adored the text conversations between the family as he reconnects with all of them. There's some funny stuff here and seriously made me want to know more about Damien, the last of the Rossi boys. But I digress.

Matteo is reunited with the woman who he loved as a young man and his feelings are still there. When Leila asks him to help her have a baby, well, of course he'll help out! Matteo tries to handle everything the right way and ends us getting so wrapped up in his own head that he assumes quite a bit -- all while Leila realizes her feelings for Matteo have changed. It's a communication issue of epic proportions, but I loved how they both slowly came around to understanding what was important.  And if you are looking for a swoony hero, Matteo Rossi checks all the boxes. He's sweet and responsible and a good man that's hard to resist. Loved him.

Friendship and family is also a predominant theme in this story and I really enjoyed that aspect of Good as Gold. Matteo's reconnecting with his family is sweet and telling it through the text messages made it a whole lot of fun. I actually laughed aloud when reading. It's the typical type of sibling exchange and Sarina Bowen nails it. But there are other amazing people in Matteo's life that help him find where he needs to be and that part warmed my heart to the core. The ending is full of some very happy moments that had me reading the entire True North series since, just to spend more time in this world with these wonderful characters. 

 So if you are looking for a sweet tale of family, friends and coming home, you cannot go wrong with this romance between thirty-something Matteo Rossi and Leila Giltmaker. This can be read as a standalone, and I highly recommend reading all the related stories. You won't be sorry. This is a great world to spend your reading time. 


 
About Sarina

Sarina Bowen is the award-winning author of more than thirty contemporary novels. She has hit the USA Today bestseller's list sixteen times and counting. Formerly a derivatives trader on Wall Street, Sarina holds a BA in economics from Yale University.

Sarina is a New Englander whose Vermont ancestors cut timber and farmed the north country since the 1760s. Sarina is grateful for the invention of indoor plumbing and wi-fi during the intervening 250 years. She lives with her family on a few wooded acres in New Hampshire.

Sarina's books are published in a dozen languages on four continents.

 

No comments:

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...