Thursday, September 24, 2020

Release Day Review: 5 Stars for Spying Under the Mistletoe (Love Undercover #2) by Stina Lindenblatt


She’s a former mafia princess. He’s been hired to track down her family secret…

After escaping my life as a Russian mafia princess, I’ve got everything I could possibly want—other than a family.

So when the Christmas concert at the seniors’ residence where I volunteer is at risk of being canceled, I have a perfect solution. My kindergarten students can perform for them. Because who doesn’t love cute singing kids?

Well, it would be cute if I knew what the heck I was doing. On top of that, one of my grandfather’s enemies has a different future in mind for me, which is putting a major damper on the festivities.

Fortunately, Landon Reed, the sexy substitute teacher, might be the one person who can help me with both situations…

****

My mission? Pretend to be a kindergarten teacher and become Chloe’s boyfriend so my team can track down her mafia cousin, the new crime boss who’s gone into hiding.

Except, my time in the Navy SEALs didn’t prepare me enough for this. For one, the last thing Chloe wants is a boyfriend. And what the heck do I know about teaching kids and putting on Christmas concerts?

But when her grandfather’s enemy attempts to kidnap her, the truth becomes a tangled mess—taking my heart along with it.

Because if there’s one thing Chloe doesn’t want, it’s to fall down the rabbit hole of her past. And that’s exactly where we’re heading.

Add to Goodreads

Purchase Links

Kindle  |  Apple Books   |  Nook   |  Kobo

 

What I thought about Spying Under the Mistletoe

Landon Reed is on a mission to find a mafia boss and he's going to do that by getting close to the mafia princess who has walked away from her family and is living the quiet life as a kindergarten teacher. There's a contract on her life, and she's likely to expose her cousin Nikolai Orlov, who both sides are looking for. Landon's  plan is to get close and date her while he's teaching the other kindergarten class.

I'll admit I had a hard time seeing Landon undercover as a teacher of small children, but he manages to make it believable.  It's a good thing he has Chloe to help him because things do get tense as the story unfolds and Chloe's family gets involved with what is happening.

Starting as work colleagues and with some help from a rescued puppy, Landon and Chloe find they have a spark together, and after revealing their past hurts, become even closer.  Both are on the way to falling hard for each other when Landon has to reveal what he's doing and things just take off from there.

 I really like this series. It's got a great mix of romance, humor and action.  While this one was a little more serious than the first book in the series, there is still a very nice level of all of these things.

Very enjoyable read. 

 An ARC was provided. This is my honest review. 

 



 


No comments:

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...