Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Release Day Review:The Best Man Plan (Boots & Bouquets #1) by Jaci Burton



Things are finally looking up for Jason Callum. When Erin Bellini‘s wedding is called off a month before the ceremony, Jason is willing and eager to play the rebound guy…for now. Erin is the one woman he’s wanted for years, and he’s not about to blow this chance to make her his.

Revenge has never tasted so sweet―or been so confusing. What started out as a fun fling with her ex-fiancé’s best friend is quickly turning into something more. But Erin’s done being burned by love and not about to lose herself a second time. No matter how tempting…
 
Buy Links
 What I thought about The Best Man Plan

Just days before her wedding, Erin Bellini's upcoming marriage is called off, and she tumbles into confusion and sadness over why her ex had to call it off in the way he did.  As she decides to have a reception party for a wedding she didn't have, Jason Callum steps up to help her. He's always been there for Erin, and he isn't about to change.  He's loved her from afar and this is his chance to get her to see how good they could be together even if the timing is not ideal.

There's just one problem -- Erin isn't looking for anything permanent or a relationship -- she just wants to have a revenge affair on her ex, and decides that Jason is just the guy to do it.  He's got the good sense to know that he wants more from her than just a quick fling without feelings. 

There's some nice back-and-forth between these two as Jason helps Erin find the good in life again and he begins to show her how he feels about her.  Everyone else can see that he's in love with her but Erin, and that turns into a problem when Erin's ex returns on the scene.

I have to say I wasn't expecting to like the ex (even though I didn't like how he did what he did) but his circumstances were a surprise that I wasn't expecting.  I love how this provided the conflict that forces Erin and Jason to look at what they want and to make some decisions on what their future would look like. I also thought that Erin's work as a wedding planner for their family business added a nice twist to the story.

The Best Man Plan was a quick, easy, light story that I devoured in a day or two. I liked Erin and Jason together, and the hints about what might be in store for Erin's sisters has me interested in what is to come. It was great to revisit with Alice and Clay from the previous novella in the series.  Overall, The Best Man Plan is an enjoyable story with two sweet characters set in a world that is ripe for additional stories. Great start to the series. 

An ARC was provided. This is my honest review.



 About Jaci Burton

1 comment:

Northwoman said...

I have this one. I'm glad to hear it's a good one.

Anne - Books of My Heart

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...