Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Happy Release Day! 5 BIG ★★★★★ for Moonlighter (The Company #1) By Sarina Bowen

Only in my family could a professional hockey player earning seven million dollars a year be considered a slacker.

I’m at the height of my athletic career. Yet my arrogant brother is always trying to recruit me into the family business: a global security company so secretive that I don’t even know its name.

Pass, thanks. I don’t need a summer job.

But the jerk ambushes me with a damsel in distress. That damsel is Alex, the competitive, sassy girl I knew when we were kids. Now she’s a drop-dead gorgeous woman in deep trouble.

So guess who’s on a flight to Hawaii?

It’s going to be a long week in paradise. My job is keeping Alex safe, while her job is torturing me with her tiny bikinis. Or maybe we’re torturing each other. It’s all snark and flirting until the threat against Alex gets serious. And this jock must become her major league protector.

Moonlighter is a stand-alone novel. No cliffhangers, no prior experience necessary. Contains: hackers, hockey players, and a hotel room with only one bed. 


Buy Links
  







What I thought about Moonlighter

Okay, let's just start with this cover...yum. It totally works for the character of Eric Bayer.  He's got the bod, he's got the super-sense of humor, and he's quite charming when he wants to be.  Oh, and he wrote the book on flirting/teasing combo because he's a master at it.  His character arc is amazing! It's huge and believable and a joy to read!  I just loved this character. 

Alex is CEO of a major cable/telecom company.  She already has a strong childhood friendship with Eric when he's tasked to be her temporary bodyguard, but their relationship as adults needs a little nurturing. It isn't long before Alex is noticing that hot bod and is taken in with Eric's flirting and teasing.  They made a great couple right from the start!

The drama and conflict in Moonlighter comes from Alex who thinks her time with Eric was just temporary and the fact that she needs a bodyguard for multiple reasons.  I was completely intrigued by The Company and it's employees and I just can't wait to learn more about them!

Everything clicked for me in Moonlighter.  The romance is amazing -- I loved Eric and Alex together, and in particular, how much Eric changes from the beginning of the book to the end.  It was all terrific!  I'm a long time fan of Sarina Bowen and this is one of her best!  I'm on my third day of a book hangover from this title and that makes me happy! 

If you are looking for a sweet romance, with a dash of intrigue, action, a baby delivery and some hockey for good measure, Moonlighter might just be for you!


 
About Sarina

Sarina Bowen is the RITA® Award winning author of over two dozen contemporary and LGTB romance novels. She most recently hit the USA Today bestseller's list in February, with Brooklynaire. Formerly a derivatives trader on Wall Street, Sarina holds a BA in economics from Yale University.

Sarina Bowen is a New Englander whose Vermont ancestors cut timber and farmed the north country since the 1760s. Sarina is grateful for the invention of indoor plumbing and wi-fi during the intervening 250 years. On a few wooded acres, she lives with her husband, two boys, and an ungodly amount of ski and hockey gear.

Sarina's books are published in a dozen languages on four continents. In 2016, The Romance Writers of America honored HIM by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy with a RITA award for Best Contemporary Romance, Mid-Length.


1 comment:

Northwoman said...

I really enjoy this author and everyone seems to be loving this one. Excellent review! I'm glad it was a good one for you

Anne - Books of My Heart

Review: Hott Take (Hott Springs Eternal, #2) by Serena Bell

    The hard part isn’t acting like we’re falling for each other. It’s pretending we’re not. Shane: My grandfather’s will has me betwee...