Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Release Day Review: 7 Steps to Seducing Your Fake Fiancé (Bower Boys #5) by Kelly Siskind

7 Steps to Seducing Your Fake Fiancé

(Bower Boys, Book 5)
COMING NOV. 15TH
What's worse than being fake engaged to a woman who despises you? Falling head over heels for her.

Larkin Gray hates me with the fire of ten thousand suns.

We haven’t seen each other in twelve years, but she’s still furious with me for breaking a promise to her…and she’s even prettier than I remember.

But there’s no undoing the damage I caused.

Since I can’t make amends, I avoid her lethal glare at all costs. Until I stumble upon her lying about having a fiancé to her ex, and I lose my ever-loving mind. Suddenly, I’m introducing myself as her betrothed and getting us invited to his wedding.

Predictably, Larkin is intent on making my life miserable, except this barbed banter is kind of fun. And the more time we spend together, the more we discover we have in common.

Then she kisses me to prove our relationship status and I damn near lose my heart.

I’m ready to go all in with Larkin, but she’s not the only one I hurt twelve years ago. Her intimidating brother has every reason to hate me too and doesn’t want me touching his sister. But my lips and tongue don’t count as hands. Right?

Trigger warning: Physical and emotional abuse. 

Amazon 

Add to Goodreads

 What I thought about 7 Steps to Seducing your Fake Fiancé

Wow!  This was a series that I started on a whim, just because I liked that 50 Ways to Win Back Your Lover cover and I must say that I haven't regretted a single moment reading this wonderful series. It is really terrific as it chronicles the five Bower brothers and their quest to recapture the lives they lost when they were thrown into witness protection years ago.  They all left people behind, and this story deals with Jake and Larkin. 

What starts out as a possible friendship turns ugly when Jake breaks his promise to Larkin, so he has a lot to make up for in this story and Larkin isn't going to make it easy for him!  But the more time they spend together, they both find their feelings changing.  They share a need to protect which drove this story.  I loved the banter between these two!  This is a story of falling in love in spite of previous hurts and I loved that about it.  It's the best part of romance -- the falling! 

Jake also has to make amends to Larkin's brother, who isn't exactly open to any reconciliation. I felt for Jake here because he is not intentionally hurtful. There's alot about dealing with past mistakes in this book and in this series in general, and I liked that theme.  Sometimes you just have to move forward, instead of back and that is clear in this romance.

The Bower boys are part of Jake's story as well, and he gets the support he needs from them, which helped to wrap up this series in a very pleasing way.  This is one of my favorites this year. Every book is entertaining, and Jake and Larkin are no exception. 

 



AUTHOR BIO


Kelly Siskind lives in charming northern Ontario. When she’s not out hiking or skiing, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. She loves singing while driving, looks awful in yellow, and is known for spilling wine at parties. Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at www.kellysiskind.com and never miss a giveaway, a free bonus scene, or the latest news on her books. And connect with her on Twitter and Instagram (@kellysiskind) or on Facebook (@authorkellysiskind).



AUTHOR LINKS


 


No comments:

Release Day Review: The Five Year Lie by Sarina Bowen

Bestselling romance author Sarina Bowen’s debut thriller, about one woman’s search for the truth after receiving a text from her deceased ex...