Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Release Day Review: I'm Your Guy (Hockey Guys #2) by Sarina Bowen

TOMMASO

The furniture district is my personal hell. I don’t know my ass from an ottoman. But when a hot designer comes to my rescue, I realize my problems are bigger than the house I’m trying to furnish.

A scorching kiss over fabric samples makes me question all my choices. But is it too late to change my entire life to get more of them?


CARTER

I need this gig, but my cocky new client leaves out a couple crucial details:
He doesn’t mention that he's a famous hockey player. And he doesn’t own up to the way he’s always trying to undress me with his dark, broody eyes.

The man throws out more mixed signals than a broken traffic light. I've never been more sexually frustrated in my entire life. I need to back away before I do something stupid, like lose my heart.

Oops. Too late.

Buy Links

Amazon | Apple Books | Kobo | Nook | Audio

Paperback

All links in one place


ADD TO GOODREADS


What I thought about I'm Your Guy

In the second book in the Hockey Guys series from Sarina Bowen, Tommaso has traded to Colorado for "reasons" and his unfurnished condo needs major help. When he spots Carter in a furniture store, he is not only attracted, he's interested by the concept he could hire Carter to do all that shopping for furnishings he hates. And Carter needs that work after a failed business venture. It's a win-win for both until they start catching feelings for each other.

I adored Carter in this story. He knows who he is, what he wants, and recognizes he's not perfect and could use some work. He has a great heart and isn't pushy as Tommaso tries to figure out his life. Amidst the back drop of another hocker player coming out, Tommaso must resolve issues from an abusive past. I felt bad for what he went through as a child and later as an adult.

The hockey was one of the best parts of this story, as Tommaso's past plays out on the ice. I really love that about Sarina Bowen's hockey romances -- she doesn't skimp on the actual sport, and does a great job of describing what is happening during an actual game. Many sports romances don't give you the sport at all.

I liked this story. I wanted these two to be happy. I loved Carter, he was so strong through all he went through. I did find it harder to connect with Tommaso. They do complement each other nicely, and I was really touched by Tommaso's mother in this story as well. I'm Your Guy doesn't have a lot of big conflict, but there was still some pretty good apology when it was needed!

Overall, a pleasant hockey M/M romance.


 

About Sarina

Sarina Bowen is the award-winning author of more than thirty contemporary novels. She has hit the USA Today bestseller's list sixteen times and counting. Formerly a derivatives trader on Wall Street, Sarina holds a BA in economics from Yale University.

Sarina is a New Englander whose Vermont ancestors cut timber and farmed the north country since the 1760s. Sarina is grateful for the invention of indoor plumbing and wi-fi during the intervening 250 years. She lives with her family on a few wooded acres in New Hampshire.

Sarina's books are published in a dozen languages on four continents.

No comments:

Release Day Review: The Five Year Lie by Sarina Bowen

Bestselling romance author Sarina Bowen’s debut thriller, about one woman’s search for the truth after receiving a text from her deceased ex...