Monday, July 11, 2016

5 Stars for Fast Connection by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell



Title: FAST CONNECTION
Series: Cyberlove, book 2
Authors: Megan Erickson, Santino Hassell
Release day: July 11, 2016
 
Blurb: 

After a decade of serving in the Army, everyone still expects me to be Dominic 'Nicky' Costigan—the skirt-chasing player. They don't know I've been spending my days trying to figure out my post-military life. Including how to pick up guys.

When I meet Luke on a hookup app, he makes it clear it's for one-night only. That's fine with me, because I'm down to see what this silver fox can do. But after I arrive at his doorstep, it doesn't take long to realize we have serious chemistry, and we end up meeting again.

He's got more walls around his heart than a military base, but I think he's as addicted to me as I am to him. He can't resist me for long. I mean, who can? Except Luke's rules exist for a reason, and when I test his limits, things get complicated. Maybe too complicated.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30415154-fast-connection



Buy Links

Amazon  |  B&N  |  Kobo  |  iBooks

 All Romance Ebooks



What I thought about Fast Connection

I absolutely loved Fast Connection.  There will be gushing in this review. I'll start out by saying WOW, this book had all the feels for me.

Dominc Costigan is introduced in Strong Signal. He was a bit of a loudmouth jerk in SS, and he didn't quite impress me, so I wasn't sure how I'd like a book devoted to his HEA.  I certainly didn't expect to be falling for him after his first contact with Luke.  There's a sense of humor to him that is just endearing and a very wide streak of honor that made me melt. 

On the other hand, Luke was a little harder to warm up to.  I liked that about him. His need to protect the ones he loves really did it for me with him.  I liked that he was a little seasoned in the relationship department and yet he still had some growing to do as evidenced by a couple of crappy things he does to Dominic along the way.

But the pull between these two men is so strong, they will have to figure it out or be lonely, and that was a really tough part of this story that had me reaching for the tissues. Strong secondary characters consisting of Luke and Dominic's family members help provide some real conflict too.  

I loved the family theme in Dominic and Luke's story. It had me sometimes frustrated, but eventually it left me smiling, especially with the sweet ending that takes the sting of the harder moments away. 

What really, really worked for me was the writing. There's some magic going on here between these two authors.  Their characters are spot on -- I feel like they jump off the page and I can feel what they are feeling.  I found the writing to be smooth and really lovely in terms of emotional content. Fast Connection flowed just right for me and I was so sucked into this story I was finished the same day I started it. (yeah, I paid for that one at work the next day but it was worth it!)

Recommended. 5 big beautiful stars.

ARC provided for review.


 

About the Authors


Megan Erickson is a former journalist who switched to fiction when she decided she liked writing her own endings better. She likes to pretend she has control now, but usually her characters are the ones who hold the reins. Her romance novels have a touch of humor, a dash of nerdy, and always a happily ever after.



She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two kids, and two cats named after John Hughes characters. She's still waiting for the party she was promised when she grew to five feet... maybe because she never got there.










In Focus series

Trust the Focus

Focus on Me

Out of Frame (Coming soon)



Bowler University series

Make it Count

Make it Right

Make it Last



Mechanics of Love series

Dirty Thoughts

Dirty Talk

Dirty Deeds



Gamers series

Changing His Game

Playing for Her Heart

Tied to Trouble

Leveling the Field (coming soon)


Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family, but he was anything but traditional. He grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, then a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into an unlikely romance author.

Santino writes queer romance that is heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences.

Social Media:


Five Boroughs series:

Book 1: SUTPHIN BOULEVARD
Book 2: SUNSET PARK
Book 3: FIRST AND FIRST coming in April 2016

Standalone books by Santino Hassell:

STRONG SIGNAL (with Megan Erickson)
STYGIAN
AFTER MIDNIGHT

No comments: